Tuesday, May 1, 2007

I Love Dutch...Much



The greatest day yet in my life has finally arrived! My baby boy was born! Well, I guess he’s not actually mine - but he’s as close as you can get to being mine without literally having given birth to him.
So last week Lindsey called me while I was still in Utah to tell me she finally had a date for the baby’s birth. I was immediately packing my bags ready to head home to Ca. I spent a few days helping my bestest friends ever - Briti & J - packing up their house and even took a little detour in Vegas with Seth’s kids. But soon enough Sat. night I was home waiting for the arrival of little Dutchy!
Lindsey and Micah went into the hospital Sunday night to get the process going. Early Monday I was called by Micah and told she was dilated to a 2 and better hurry up and get there. I could hardly believe the day was actually here. I was so quick to jump out of bed I forgot about my throbbing toe and fell immediately to the ground in pain. I managed to take a fast shower and chose not wash my new nasty haircut. I have yet to learn how to fix my latest lesbian do and wasn’t about to waste time worrying about it on Dutch’s BIRTHday.
So off I went to the hospital. They didn’t have a wheelchair to bring me in with, but they did allow me to park in the 20 minute parking all day. On my way to the hospital I called my good friend Dr. Reimer (retired head orthopedic surgeon in So. Ca.) and asked him about a handicap pass for myself as my foot was in some great pain. He thought my request was quite humorous...I still don’t see the humor and would really like to know how I can get my hands on a handicap pass while my little toe heals up!!
Well it was some time before my little baby made his debut, but well worth the wait! He is the sweetest cutest little 7 pounder thing I have ever seen! They have yet to choose a definite name but Dutch and Tristan are in the running. I’m personally a fan of both! I think he should be name after me - you should see how much he looks like I did when I was a baby. The name is quite fitting I think! His eyes are a little swollen so we’re not sure if he’s got the Asian thing going on or what. I will be sleeping with him for his two night stay at Mission Hospital and can hardly wait to coozie up next to him! That’s my Baby Boy!!!