Thursday, June 24, 2010

I see London...

    It was time for a UreGirls trip to Europe.  We’re here in London and will be going to France soon after.  All my sisters were able to get out here and join in the fun.  Micah will be meeting us soon and Linds brought her kids.  It’s a little chaotic…but what about my family isn’t.  Hope to have some fun things happen worth updating about.  Now I’m off to perfect my accent!  Whatever…no need to practice – I sound like I was born and raised here!

-Back from some marathon shopping.  Can I just mention that I’m obsessed with the look they got going on right now?!  And what I love about London is that everyone, fat, skinny, tall, short, etc. wears the latest and greatest.  They just own it.  I love that!  What I can’t get enough of are the following 2 things:
1. The short little dresses that are in mini floral prints.  They kind of come in at the high waist point and have a ton of variations.  Everyone wears them!  Unfortunately my boobs turned into one gigantic mega-boob when I tried them on…so they were a sad no-go for me.  Plus…skinny jeans or leggings totally ruin the flirtatious charm of them…so in 2 ways I was outta luck here.
    It’s partially the mini floral prints that I’m so in love with.  I think because it reminds me of the patterns my mom used on my baby blanket.  In fact I’m pretty sure that’s why I have such an obsession – because no one in my family seems to think they’re anything to fuss about.  Ohhh…but fuss I will!  LOVE THEM!

2.  The one-piecers!  I have always loved wearing my blue Dickies jumpsuit since the days of high school…but people usually look at me oddly as if I don’t fit the ‘mechanic’ type.  But there is something about not having anything around your waist that is simply liberating for me!  I wore my jumpsuit practically every P-day on my mission – and continue to feel very at home in it. 
Here in London – they’ve got them in every kind of variety you could imagine.  And again…every sort of body type sports them...they just own what they got!  I tried to kill two birds with one stone and found this amazing one in a mini floral print that I was in LOVE with.  …and then I tried it on.  Yo - fatgirl is IN the house!  And even though I’ve come to love the curves I got…good ‘ol Mammie was adamant about my not being proud of my junk in the trunk decorated in a mini floral print!
So those are my two newest most coveted items here in London.  I did find two jumpsuits that are a little less obvious (much to my mothers relief) that I find deliciously comfortable to wear.  She’s hoping they’re my new pajamas.  In your dreams mama!