Friday, July 2, 2010

Beynac..Oui...Oui!!


France is a lovely place...especially when you're living next to a castle!  This place is so picturesque - I'm in awe everywhere I turn.  I took a walk on my own tonight through our little town.  Other than getting attacked by two crazy dogs (and they were tiny...but scared me half to death as I screeched for help from above) it was like it was out of the movies.  We are staying here for like a week or so in this cottage and other then the occassional nasty spider it's a dream come true!

We cannoed down the Dordogne river.  Calin was my partner...but she was a bit lazy (bless her heart).  At the halfway point I was SOO over it!  We could not for the life of us get the hang of how to steer ourselves.  Finally some French man asked us if we were trying to go from bank to bank...ummm NO we are not trying to we just happen to be moronic Americans!  He helped us out a bit and that lasted about 2 seconds.  Lindsey and I obviously had an all out water war...glad to say I drenched her!

On one of our adventures out we came across this town that was celebrating it's 30th year as the Festival of the Bees.  They had covered the town in plastic flowers.  I literally gasped when I looked above me and saw all the colors covering the sky.  We felt pretty lucky on our hunt for the real deal French experience!