Sunday, July 25, 2010

Set me free why don't you babe...

So I'm doing it.  I'm finally going to be able to check it off my "Live What You Love List!"  I'm moving to New York.  You might be wondering if I have a ton of friends there awaiting my arrival...nope.  Or maybe you're thinking I have a great job opportunity that I just can't pass up...nope again.  I just want to do it...so I'm doing it!  I mean I'm about to turn 31!  THIRTY ONE!  It's embarrassing but at the same time liberating!  Thank heavens 30 is almost outta here.  Being 30 years old is that unspoken deadline we all know about.  Of course I thought it 'all' would happen by the time I left my twenties.  And by 'all', I mean: marriage, kids, career, life, etc. etc.  Yeah well surprise surprise - I can't check one of those things off my list.
But this is where the freedom rolls in.  I'm done!  I can let it all go!  I have been set free by the death trap of dread and can finally go back to living my life.  I mean I remember last year at about this time.  The optimist in me thought maybe- just maybe with only days left before I reached 30 -I'd be united with the man of my dreams and we'd elope with only moments to spare before the big 3-0 was imprinted on my life forever.
Hogwash!  Enough of that idealism crap.  I'm opening my eyes to a sweet dose of reality and I'm in love!  I'm not bitter.  There's not a bitter bone in my body.  I don't feel entitled.  I'm a good girl and my good things will come to me when the time is right.  I'm just perfect.  I'm perfectly happy.
So the conclusion is...what a perfect time to begin the next adventure!  31 never looked so good!!  I can hardly wait.