Thursday, September 21, 2006

When I grow Up I want to be...



It’s recorded in a time capsule in Santa Ana, Ca. that in 1st grade I stated I would be a famous singer when I grew up. Now if you have checked out my attempt at following in Mariah Carey’s footsteps at the Karaoke bar last year, you know that dream has long since faded.
There was a time when I aspired to be featured in a Bone Thug’s N Harmony video...hence Bella Bone above! And there was even a time when I wanted to join the Marines. Can you believe that one? I went to the registry place to check it out and even switched my cell phone cover to a camouflage decor! I thought I could be like G.I. Jane or something? Wanna know what eliminated that dream? Realizing that no one would kill the spiders for me, and I was sure I would run across many throughout my enlistment. (That same reason should have killed my desire to live in my own place...that’s gotta be the worst part about living alone)
My goals and desires have changed and been added to, throughout my life. But I have come to an interesting conclusion having turned 27. I decided I didn’t want another year to pass me by and just be able to say that I worked really hard and made some more money. So I’ve decided that my career in the mortgage industry will only be a half time sort of thing to keep me afloat. Not to worry, I can still do your loans for you.
I’ve decided that my other part time job will be that of becoming an author! What an undertaking right?! I agree, and what fun I’m having at it. Now don’t go editing and critiquing my silly little blogs now that I’ve mentioned I hope to develop some talent in the area. I’m very aware that I’m no professional and if the time comes to actually attempt to do something with what I write - I’ll seek the help of the pro’s. But I’m super excited and each day that I dedicate to writing I become a little more focussed on where I want to go with it all.
The best part about it is that it’s fun. I’ve always wanted to write a book about My Mammie My Hero (my mom), but feel that might be too big an undertaking for the time being. And I’ve always wanted to write a book about my family...my Loyal Royalties - but 12 siblings is too much right now too! So I’m thinking I’ll head the route of writing about what I know all too well. Being a girl and just growing up. Sounds boring? Maybe it will be - and maybe you’ll never get to read it! And maybe I won’t change your name when I tell that embarrassing story you and I shared! We shall see....wish me luck!