Sunday, September 23, 2007

Peter Ord...not the Strongest Man in the World









Although my friend Petey might like to think he is a close competitor with the other finalists at this years Strong Man Competition...I gotta say he wasn't even in the running. But the mature (after all my last name is in fact part of that lovely word!) side of me can look past all of that muscle and strength and stuff. I can look past and say that guy is the freaking funniest kid I know.
So I've been so excited that a fun friend finally moved here instead of the ever popular Huntington Beach. However, yesterday was the first time I actually got to hang out with that fun friend. Yeah - he's been here for a few months and apparently I'm not on top of his list of priorities. It's cool...I can look past that too! It was worth the wait.
Peter, myself, and a few of this friends made our way out to the Anaheim Convention Center to be a spectator of this years SMC. Now, that is how I like to spend my Saturdays! Surprisingly to us, it was a pretty intimate group. But within that group there was some great people watching to be had.
We got there in time for the car lifting event. They had to stop it halfway through because it was raining like crazy. I was pretty much wet and had to keep my jacket zipped up so it didn't appear I was in a competition of my own...the wet T-shirt contest.
We were loving hearing the many voiced opinions of our neighboring spectators. People literally traveled from miles and miles away to be there. We soon discovered that we had a favorite in the competition. Mark - who won that car lifting competition with I think 12 reps or something crazy like that. That guy made it look easy!
Then there was a break and I followed Peter around so he could take pictures with the bodies he idolized. We even got a shot with some UFC fighter!! He at one point was even going to take his shirt off so he could have a visual comparison. Again...I might add he's NOT the strongest man in the world. But I will tell you what he's #1 at...hooting and hollering in my ear louder and deeper than you could ever imagine. It was as if the Loch Ness monster was giving birth! Don't believe me? - watch the video clip! (CRAP! I'm retarded on this Windows based blogging system and for the life of me can't figure out how to post video...that bites!)
The second and final competition that we watched was the fire truck pulling contest. Our buddy Mark didn't shine like he did previously. However the Polish guy in the green tank with the great wedgie was the winner. I mean talk about some unbelievable strength...check out those thunder thighs!
It was a real fun day and I've decided that now I need to go to a UFC fight, or a body building competition, or even a cheer leading competition. I'm lovin' this sort of stuff...not to mention good 'ol Petey had me busting up all day long.