Sunday, August 1, 2010

The Plan

So I've busily been tying up all my loose ends here in California.  I even packed up all my skinny goal clothes and told myself I can bring them back out when I'm actually close to reaching 118lbs! (Hey be proud of me...I finally upped the goal from 105)  I feel like I really am going to be able to achieve this realistic approach to life and be successful at it.
So here's the plan.  I'm going to head off to the Big Apple and start up my lashing business there.  Everyone needs lashes right?  If I really work hard I know I can do it.  I've got a few months of savings to get by on and I figure I'll give myself till December to make it work.  And if I can't get it together financially...then I come back home.  No biggie.  I give it an honest shot and see what comes.
My poor mother, I'm sure I've sent her to bed yet again.  She's trying her best to be supportive and happy for me.  I knew she had some opinions dying to come out as she nodded with a forced smile of support.  "If you come back - you're going to get your teaching credential."  Oh bless her...I might be her most obedient child yet oddly the child she spends the most time on her knees for.  I don't know why.  I always tell her not to worry, it'll all turn out just fine.  I think if I'm not worried about my life, then she sure shouldn't be.  It's gotten really bad though.  Every now and again I'll have a rough day and need to talk it out with an unwelcome tear or two.  I only use my mom as a sounding board as a last resort.  My tears put her to bed for at least a week after she consoles me.  It's all too much for her.  Like I said...bless her heart.
Knowing that I've worked really hard for the past year and half building up Fabulash, I decided I would fly home every month or so to service my clients.  If New York ends up being a bust I don't want to come back and start from scratch again!  There are a whole lot of unknowns...but I can hardly wait!