Friday, June 22, 2007

Boot Camp = No Baptism?


I just got home from an event at the St. Regis that I went to with my mom, Trilby, Lindsey, and Micah. I left amazed at the money that some people have their willingness to spend thousands of it in seconds!!! It must be nice. But because today was the first official day of Bellas Boot Camp - I asked Briti to watch Trey for the night. She had some humerous things to report back.
Briti and Trey were on the way to "Maggie Moo's" (our p.f. ice-cream place!!!) and she asked him how old he was. He replied that he was 7. She quickly responded with a lot of enthusiasm in reference to what his next birthday would hold. "So you're going to turn 8 and get baptized?" He responded with his eyes downcast shaking his head and said in a dissapointed voice, "No, I don't think I'm going to get baptized." Somewhat shocked Britni then asked him if he didn't want to get baptized. And then he very innocently and humbly responded with, "Well I'm at Bella's Boot Camp and I probably won't be able to."
Now that is one heck of a sweet boy! Don't worry everyone, I'm not torturing the kid! Tommorow when he wakes up were going to talk a bit about that! I'm even going to see if I can somehow get it on tape. How priceless would that be?!
A little later Britni was still talking with him and asked him what he had learned so far in Bella's Boot Camp. He said that he hadn't learned anything, afterall it was only the first day!!! She said she was going to tell on him cause she knew he had already learned something. Then he reluctantly told what he had learned. He said, "I learned that I'm the one that's in charge of my reactions, that I'm the one that decides if I'm going to freak out or not. And to listen the first time." Then Britni decided to test him and asked him who was in charge of her actions - he responded by pointing to her.
Now that's one heck of a fast learner!!!
And to finish off the first day of boot camp we said our nighttime prayers. Trey asked Heavenly Father to help him be a good boy and listen the first time and make the right choices and not get mad. Ohh I love that child! What a fun treat for me to be able to spend this time with him!