Saturday, January 24, 2009

I feel like I should stay home more...maybe...


Aubs, Me, Katie Hatch
Bull Riding Babes

Brandon, Kieser, Aubs, Me, Poo-la, Summer
Hatch, Alice

Us prudish Mormons got X'ed!


This the creepy guy that payed our way...and who I gave Aub's number to!

Aubs went first to show us how it's done.

Umm...yeah so I thought I could just jump on - no prob....perhaps not!

Uh-oh...best watch out everyone!


Especially you Poo-la! She wanted to kill me when I would grab her anytime she was near.


Fisters

Sweaty Fisters

Talented Fister and lazy Fister

Alice, Me, Poo-la, and left out Kieser


"Besties"

Me, and Rick...in TJ...at the dentist


Oopps...the waves were a little big perhaps?


What a good sport Rick was!

Waiting for the new arrival


Yeah.... I was intrigued and went wherever the heck I wanted! What a miracle having a baby is! I can hardly wait!!


We were all in tears!


Navy and Auntie Bella


Navy Skye Denison!




This is feeling really weird not chillaxin' at my house all day long on the weekends. Is it possible that I really actually have taken my mothers advice to 'get a life.' That poor women goes to bed for a week if I'm PMS'ing and have a bad day and then tearfully tell her about it. So - in hopes of preserving my Mammie's sanity and my own pride - I pretty much just had a weekend where I was out doing something everyday. (Like I said....it's kinda of weird and new...so this weekend I'm sooo staying home!) It's probably cause I finally joined FaceBook. That thing kind of makes you be social I hear.

So first....last Friday night I went up to LA with some friends to a dueling piano bar. Sounds fun right??? - Yeah, I guess the anticipation of it was great. Within the first literal 10 seconds of being there I heard more crass and cussed up language then a bunch of self loathing middle schoolers! There we were...a bunch of Mormons with our mouths hanging open in disgust - all the while the entire place is filled with people no doubt making their memories of a lifetime. Well, I hustled my way up to the door and said as demurely as possible, "Sir...we came all the way up from Orange County and have been so excited to see this show. But...we had no idea it would be this dirty and we're a bunch of prudish Mormons - so do you think we could get our money back knowing we just walked in? I know - we're lame - we just didn't know." They all looked at me like I was crazy. I gotta say it was pretty classic as they "X"ed our stamped hands and sent us off with our reimbursements.

Well - not to worry we found ourselves other things to entertain. The bull riding was my highlight for sure. Not to mention I was the official champion and never got bucked off. I charmed the pants off some creepy guy (yeah...real claim to fame right??? - Like that's hard to do!!) and he bought bull ride tickets for all of us. I paid him back with Aubrey's phone number. In fact - everyone got free digits that night. Aub's is a good sport I'll have to say!

Saturday night there was a YSA ice skating thing in Anaheim. So off a few of us went. Other than the splits that Alice forced me into (note: I cannot do the splits!) while spinning me around - I hardly even fell. I did realize however - it is most definitely not the event I should ever try to be at to impress a boy. Graceful I was not!...demure I was far from! I couldn't help it - all of a sudden I'd hear myself and realize that not only was I sooo loud and falling the whole time, it's like I never shut my mouth! That'll drive a boy crazy...that'd drive me crazy!

For Sunday I told some of the girls it's time to liven Sacrament meeting up with a new theme each week. This first official week was one doused with RED. Of course my girl Poo-la came through...and a touch of red here and there also showed up. This week I've decided it's 'business casual' - Hey...if you don't have a boy to get cute for then get cute for the ladies right??

And then came Monday... the day my mother prayed the pepper spray would never leave my hands. (Yeah...got it for Christmas.) On good recommendation I went to a dentist in TJ! My tooth has been killing me lately and it was time to get it fixed. The cheapskate that I am - I was not looking forward to some pricey bill for a lame root canal. Well...guess what! My great Dr. in TJ said I didn't even need a root canal and gave me a $50 filling and sent me on my way in less than an hour! Now that's the way to go to the dentist! It was a little ghetto I'll admit- but I would happily recommend him to anyone. My friend Rick Price was nice enough to go with me and rescue me if anything were to happen. Unfortunately I wish I could have done the rescuing as he broke his board surfing and had his car quit on him on the way home. I was feelin' real bad!

Saving the best for last.... Tuesday the newest love of my life was born! Navy Skye Denison! Oh is she gorgeous! She looks just like her big brother and will no doubt be obsessed with me as well! I have a feeling she'll keep me home more and my social calendar will be filled with dates with the little one!

So there's my crazy and busy weekend. We'll see if that ever happens again! Cause frankly...I'm pooped!