Thursday, December 13, 2007

St. Nick at St. Regis

The just about 'fully clothed and covered' Ure girls


Our friendly Dumbo

The themed dancers are my p.f.'s : the first year I went they were dancers (perhaps on the edge of exotic...I'll be honest I couldn't stop staring at them), last year they were pole dancers (you should have seen the grampas getting up there to share in the spotlight...un-freaking-real!), and this year we had many versions of Belly-dancers!

Cheers!!! 2007 is on it's way outta' here


Every year I get to look forward to the real deal social event that actually gives me the right to brag about. The St. Regis Christmas party is one shin-dig that I just won't miss. I work well with V.I.P. staus regardless of how it comes to me. I will take it! I kinda think I was born for it!

My oldset sister Trilby has the connections. She is the right hand gal for Mr. Hadi Makarechian who owns the St. Regis among other things. Hadi, is the nicest man around! He is actually even one of Mitt Romney's biggest supporters.
Well every year I usually help when they throw their big parties and such. This year, they didn't need my help...yet they still gave me a personal invite along with an amazing room the night of the Christmas party. I look forward to it every year, and with this year's Moroccan theme - I was just as anxious as usual.

The first year I went, I felt, in comparison to all those surrounding me, that I was on my way to church, and they were all on their way to star in a Vegas show. Needless to say I always feel a little under dressed, yet overdressed. These real socialites go all out! They are soo into it and I imagine they shop all year for the perfect dress to show off at the party. Yet with all their bling and boobies hanging out I feel a little overdressed looking at them...literally. They show more skin than I show in the middle of summer at the beach!

But regardless of the "nun" appearance I feel that encompasses me each year...I still thrill to go for the people watching event of my life. It is absolutely hilarious! And the entertainment is just as great! Watching older professionals get drunk off their rears and hit the dance floor...priceless!

This year Micah, Lindsey, Brook, and I all went together. We had a great time dancing, lounging in the V.I.P. area (truly my favorite thing to do...I feel sooo cool and posh! I just imitate who's sitting next to me and I'm a perfect fit in!), checking out the themed decorations...exotic animals included (except for the monkey that almost bit my head off! - and to think I always thought I wanted one...), and finally lying to rest in a sweet suite in the early morning hours. I'm already lookin' forward to next year. I'm crossing my fingers it will be more of a Muslim sort of theme so we can all wear headscarf's, veils, and burkhas. I finally wouldn't feel like the only 'over-clothed' party goer there!!!