Friday, August 31, 2007

..."WHITE TRASH FAMILY WINS ON THE FEUD!"...





I can see it now...the URE family goes down in history for lacking class in everything we do. We try really hard to make our Mama proud - but just can't help bringing a little ghetto into it all.
Today was our taping day for Family Feud. And right off the bat we were set apart from all of the other families that were at the studio. Each individual family was in there nice color coordinated outfits and they were quietly waiting to be taken backstage...and then we showed up. Only Trilby and Megan were ready and dressed (those older kids were taught a lot better than us younger ones). As for the rest of us, we decided to change right there on the street. So with the baby's blanket shielding partial view - Lindsey, Brook, and I changed out entire wardrobe. I made sure to tell my teammates (after all I was the leader of our pack!...You know it!!!) that we didn't need a gay color theme to look cool - but that we were going for the more "eclectic" feel.
We were pumped and ready to make some money. At first in the morning every family runs through another sort of dress rehearsal audition. 2 of the 7 families there actually wouldn't end up being on the show. We were determined to be the favorites of the day. And come to find out later, the producer said that she had been in a bind and had told the casting director to bring her a family that was sure "to deliver"...we were chosen as that special selection. I'll admit, we put a guarantee on our ability to make some 'good t.v.' - and they were going to hold us to it.
We were obviously chosen as one of the first families to preform at the morning audition. It was necessary for us to show them how it's done! We went against a great family that I had been rousting back and forth with all morning. They even said I was their, "brother from another mother" after I showed them I could duplicate any of there dance moves, gang signs, hoots and hollers.
After all the families auditioned I was positive of our success and knew we'd be on the show. Not to mention that all the other families there had done their first audition like in January and we had done ours only 2-3 weeks ago! We were pretty excited about the quick call back we got. Soon enough time for the real taping came and we were again chosen as the first family to compete.
Let's just say a good time was had by all...they were drinking us up! We had a blast and mama even said we didn't embarrass her too much. Other than the fact that Lindsey was so incredibly bossy that she sometimes was taking the fun out of it for me. Like when we went to huddle and I was a little slower than her so she pinched me REALLY hard, and I naturally yelped out loud, and then she told me how ridiculous I was for yelling out loud! How about she's ridiculous to be such a competitive Nazi all the time! You pinch me....I'm going to scream.
I'll admit I sort of bombed on the fast money part - however it was nothing compared to my follies on my previous game show catastrophes! I kept thinking of Mormon responses to the questions and then I'd have to tell myself to not think like a Mormon but think like the typical Joe Schmo on the street. When asked what families should always do together I could think of nothing other than, "family home evening," or "read the scriptures" and so I ended passing on that one.
Thankfully Lindsey came through and we ended up taking home $20,000.00 to split between the 5 of us. We were very pumped. We anticipated winning the max of 5 shows, but after loosing the second game - we see that it really is a fun game of luck, not so much one of strategy. (Those are the ones I like - I hate strategy....HATE IT!)
We had a blast and can't wait to see ourselves on TV! Hopefully the 10 pounds the camera adds won't look more like 20. Although Mama made me change my initial shirt cause she said I looked pregnant. And then when I later asked her if I looked cute on camera she told me, "Yes you looked cute, but there was a lot of roundness about you - your face is really rounded out these days." Ahh well - at least I got a sweet spirit!....and 4k in my pocket!!!