Thursday, July 5, 2007

Away Station


I would just like to be the first to mention that I am a true "Band Aid" to the up and comming music sensation, "Away Station"!!! Oh - you don't know what a "Bandaid" is? Well let me tell you. A "Band Aid" in the music world is way cooler than a groupie. It's the kind of person that inspires the artist to write their music etc. At first I wanted to be known as their #1 groupie - but Steven Waite, the bass player for Away Station told me that being a band aid is way cooler.
I was in Vegas last weekend and I went to church with my old mission companion, Marleen Waite's (now Gunnerson) little brother Steven. He's about to hit it real big and I gotta say the music was pretty sweet. I even got the low down on what the lyrics really meant! Oh do I love insider information! Church was kinda boring ( I know that's bad to say!) so Steven and I worked on some lyrics. He did a great job in helping me out on the Bridge (that's the kind of one liner that ties it all together) and I requested that he share my thoughts with the band and get back to me. I'd must also mention that Steven did in fact suggest that I go into lyric/music writing. Wow - who'd of thought I have another hidden talent to work on!
So keep your eyes open for these guys. It's good clean fun music, sort of like U2 or some might even say Coldplay? I think you can look them up on MySpace - but I don't know how cause I don't get that whole MySpace phenomenon! Check them out...and know that my p.f. is for sure the one that sings about needing something else to get me through this!!!! I love it!