Monday, July 16, 2007

I have a GIFT!!!


Matchmaker Matchmaker Make Me a Match...I guess you could call that my theme song cause I'm a freaking genious at finding my friends the love of their life. Do you know that I have been responsible for the marriage...TEMPLE marriage of at least 8 different couples. Think about it - that's a lot!
You see - I have a gift. I see someone and I immediately start placing them with someone else I know. Not only do I have a gift at picturing 2 strangers together in blissful harmony - but I also have some great skills at making it happen. Like for instance...Spencer Munns. This guy has one heck of a particular taste. I, knowing the surface aspects of his taste can pick his type out of...hmmm...let's say...a movie theater?! Yep - I did that once. I was on a date and saw this girl that was just darling and as far as looks wise, a definete homerun! So I scoped her out for a bit and decided that her personality might also be hitting the jackpot. So during the previews I went and sat beside her and asked if she was single. Now you might be thinking that she might be thinking I'm a lesbo etc. But the thing you have to understand is that I have great skill at this. You see - people - these strangers - they like me. I know exactly how to take all awkwardness off of them and onto me so they feel comfortable and flattered and most important of all they quickly trust my opinion. I mean are you kidding - who in the world doens't like to be the person thought of as the perfect match for someones single friend. I can sell the idea to any old grouch!
With this girl that I wanted to set Spencer up with - I had to let her know that I was on a blind date and (no offense) my date was not a reflection of my taste in men. She totally trusted my high recommendation of Spencer and gave me her number. And of course, having many times set Spencer up, Spencer trusted my taste as well and called her up. Yeah...don't worry that they dated for like 5 or 6 months! Skills...I got skills!
Well today another lovely opportunity presented itself to me. I was at 7 peaks and this gorgeous girl sat right in front of me. I have a total staring problem and proceeded to do just that. I was immediately wondering who I could set up with her. Well lucky Chad Ahearn happened to be at 7 peaks as well so I chose him. I prepped him up with a nice pep talk and then sent him on his way to meet the love of his life. Now I'll have to admit that after they talked for a while I went over and talked to her and found out that she had a boyfriend. - So it looks like this time it's not going to result in wedding bells. But having captured Chad's sly move in- on the beach towel I felt the need to admit publically of my gift.
I think because I'm so dang good at setting people up I assume others are the same. NOTE TO SELF: Ummm...that's not the case!!! And in the past 3 years I've felt it's been my duty to be the victim of blind date after blind date. Well - this is exactly how I know that I have a gift...no one else thus far has even come close to matching my abilities as they've tried to set me up. I-yi-yi...the stories I could tell you! And perhaps I shall...