Monday, October 22, 2007

American Chinese Celebrities

After our long day!
One of our many fans!!!

So we had some visitors…and what fun we had! Lindsey, Baby, Mammie, and even for a few days Micah came to HK. We were super busy during their stay but had a chance to go with them to China for some major bargaining one day and met up with them another time after we looked at some factories in China. The first day was a little exhausting for my poor mother because we looked at 5 million bags for 10 million hours and then walked away because they weren’t in the mood for our bargaining shenanigans…their loss I say!

Day 2 in Lo Wu, China was a little more exciting. Now I am the first to admit that I am obnoxious. And the even bigger problem is that with either Lindsey, Seth, Katie, Gary, or Britni egging me on…I’m like 10 times more irritating. But what can a girl do when they plead and beg. Mammie taught us not to have to be begged to entertain (She just might regret this these days…) It always ends up me looking the fool. No wonder I’m single~! Although I will have to say that even though I know how to get these guys giggling – Lindsey out funnies me times like a million. That girl and her dance moves…un-freaking-real! You gotta look at some of these videos I’m putting on YouTube. I don’t know how to edit them down on a PC so enjoy what you want. And wait till you see our Family Feud taping. First of all we should be called the double chin family…Apparently our theme was “double chin…URE in” - we could all use to drop a few. But you will DIE when you see Lindsey’s shotgun dance moves.

Anyways, back to China and as Twista predicts, “celebrity overnight” status. My senile mother chose to get lost like 15 different times that day- Starting off within 10 minutes of entering the mall. I’m frustrated thinking she’s being taken away and sold off and Lindsey is busy finding the gadget that we will have to describe as a definite P.F.! Lindsey had discovered our own personal voice amplifier. Of all people that do not need that – it’s gotta be us! But we were loving them. We felt like Janet Jackson on the Rhythm Nation music video – and we decided to do a bit of performing. Well…actually the made me do most of the performing. Ahh – what do I care…sure I’ll look demented and ridiculous for a good laugh from my family. So all of a sudden after I warmed up with a little bit of Mariah it was announced that I’d re-perform my audition for American Idol. That was show 1…

Show 2…3rd floor and a huge crowd gathering. I was SOOO out of breath at this point. And the stingy spectators wouldn’t even show their support with a penny or two. I’ve really gained a lot of respect for those hard working street performers! It’s rough out there. Lindsey jumped in with her rendition of a little Whitney…and the two sisters worked the crowd together. By the end of it Lindsey had totally and completely wet her pants and neither of us could finish our songs because we were panting so hard. Show 2 brought us a lot of success…we found Mammie on the floor below!

So to make her proud of her two sweethearts…Lindsey said I HAD to perform for yet a 3rd repeat show. Half of our previous crowd followed us and more were shoving to the front. I don’t have a video of this one, Lindsey does on her camera. It’s classic! Mostly because a store owner called the cops on us and I had to try and escape them. But as I tried to blend in the crowd, my fans wanted me to continue performing. Everyone had their cameras and video phones out documenting the crazy Americans. I eventually escaped the policemen following me. My mother was dying and so embarrassed!

Then the rest of the day we had people stop us and ask to take pictures, I even had a few date offers! Ohh celebrity status is what I was made for but it’s no easy task. I mean, I totally feel for Britni Spears. It’s hard to live a normal life with people watching every move. I noticed it was a little more difficult bargaining with the locals because they just assumed someone with my status would have more money than I was offering. Stardom is just a whole lot of give and take!

It was a blast with the family in China – I don’t think we ever stopped laughing. They are truly my bestest best friends. I’ll miss them when they’re gone. Gary and I will keep things alive I’m sure.