Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Chinese, Japanese, Dirty Knees,....



Hong Kong...here we are! Gary Samuelian and I flew into China this morning at about 7am and we have not stoped since. Now let me tell you...that was one heck of a plane flight. Obviously I traded seats and had a window with an empty seat next to me to rest my tired little legs. I was out... and apparently when I'm really out - I snore. Or so says my neighbor in the aisle seat. He said I started pushing him over with my lifted legs. I told him he should have just pushed them off of him. Poor guy!
The two of us have jumped in head first with all our clothes on into the world of chaos over here. I'm here to support/babysit Gary in his endeavors and I gotta say it's the best babysitting gig I've had in 28 years! No...this mastermind needs no babysitting but I love helping his creative juices get flowing. I feel important when he asks for my opinion that he totally disregards. It's the thought that counts!
As soon as we arrived and went through the passport checkoff thing we made our way to our Hotel kiosk. A friend of Gary's, Kaimi, is here showing us the ropes for a few days and we just meekly followed him. We were in awe. Gary was quick to mention that his, "ying and yang" is off and as soon as he gets that aligned he will be good to go. I rolled my eyes but appreciated his sincerity in adapting culturally and told him we'd better fix that issue asap!
We quickly got to business and met with some important people. Who the heck knows their names...but they were all very nice. In fact they kept paying for everything. I guess that's what they do when they want your business. A girl could get use to that I tell ya!
We met with some people for Gary to order his 'hang tag's with. It's amazing what these people can create. Gary, the thoughtful boy we all love even asked me to choose a few combinations for the sample tags we were ordering to be made. After he quickly rejected my options I told him he doesn't have to include me anymore...I'm just here to support and encourage his creative genius.
Later we went to some wholesale mall that was out of control! I've never seen anything like it. By this time I'm about to faint I'm so hungry and it doesn't make it any better when Gary has me try on a few samples and says he wished I was skinnier. In his words, "I needed you skinny like DAYS ago!" (no wonder he and Lindsey are BFF...Bratty minds think alike?!) I finally got to order some room service and told him he couldn't try to starve me for the next month...even if my mom told him to try to! So as I sat eating to heal my famished stomach he tried on some of the samples we got. How NOT fair is it that they were tighter on me than him??? What a joke! (Although I will make mention that I'm a bit more stacked than him...that should count for something right?)
At this very moment he's out finding more inspiration before we hit the textile show tomorrow morning. And I'm about to drop dead on the bed we're sharing because I can guarantee today was just a taste tester for what I'm about to experience. I must admit it's the adventure of a life time and I couldn't be doing it with anyone more fun! So everyone wish Gary luck in his road to making all his lifelong dreams come true!

p.s. don't you MAC fans worry...I'll be back there in a months time or so. They've given me maternity leave...j/k they know where I am.