Thursday, October 4, 2007

Moth Ball soup, deodorant, detergent, toothpaste...Anyone...?




Gross right? Yeah well I'm pretty sure that "Moth Ball" scent/flavor is the staple of choice around here! Everywhere, everyone, and everything smells like a handful of mothballs was shoved up my nose. I don't mean to be rude to the culture or anything like that. In fact I'm willing to admit that I'm apparently ignorant of the fine perfume that it is. But it's enough to make me dry heave. I go anywhere and I'm trying to cough the breath I'm about to inhale out from my mouth and lungs. I'm pretty close to walking around with a Michael Jackson mask on to save my nostrils!
Onto another, and more exciting adventure...we went to the garment district and I gotta say it put New York to shame. This place was unbelievable and so incredibly organized. I was pulling samples left and right with visions of the baby blankets I'm going to make for my future 5 billion nieces and nephews. I've had mine for 28 years and still can't leave home without it so perhaps my bloodline would feel the same way about a very special one from Aunt Bella!
One thing I would do different if I were the Hong Kong fabric display peeps...is - I would for sure put all the heart fabrics together. That would be my ultimate paradise. But don't you worry -I'm out here searching for anything that calls to me! And all hearts shall find me!
Jackie Cheng (not Chang!)(guy in the pics with us) is doing some of our production and took us where we needed to go. He is awesome and has gotta think we're crazy as I tell him to close his eyes while I change in front of him as Gary alters his garments he's having his produce. I'm sure we're the highlight of his day.