Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Fortune or Faith?

Okay..I can take a freaking hint! So here’s the question of the day. Do I believe that the church is true…or do I believe in a crazy (possibly a little bit accurate) Chinese fortune teller? Yeah I think I’m going to stick with the whole church being true thing! So our American girlfriends were set on taking us to a fortune teller. They believe in the stuff like it’s the truest religion on earth. I was about ready to hand them a pass along card and tell them about modern day revelation, and how we were actually sent here to earth to exercise some faith etc. But they were convinced their destiny had been set and the wise Chinese could show them the way. ( Can I just mention how strong my testimony is and how GRATEFUL I am for the gospel!) First off Gary went to what seemed to possibly be a wise man. Gary didn’t like what he had to say (that Gary was going to have a bad accident when he was like 45 or something) so Gary decided he liked the guy that told my fortune and would have a second try with him. Don’t ask me why he liked my guy…I didn’t really care for what he had to say. He started off with telling me how lazy I was. And then proceeded to tell me that I was fat and had the potential to get really fat and I had better be careful. He said that if I was to loose 8 pounds that I would then have boys running after me. But to beware and stay away from two types of guys. 1) stay away from lazy guys. Two lazy people in a relationship would be a bad combo! And… 2) Stay away from the black man. I would get AIDS if I stayed with a black man! Ok – we were dying! Gary was wetting his pants and saying it could be true because I do have a special liking for my brothers – if you know what I mean… However - I seriously could not believe he said that! He had a few more things to say - and he thought he was pretty funny…as did the company I was with! I was kind of the only one not laughing too hard. But I couldn’t help from laughing ( I felt bad for laughing) when one of our friends who just got married 2 weeks ago was told she better watch out because her husband is going to get himself a girlfriend. She was tripping and totally believed him! She started freaking out later and was going to call her husband and have a talk with him. Poor husband isn’t going to know what hit him…little did he know he just married someone that’s going to follow the advice of a fortune teller rather than trust in the commitment they just made to each other. I tell ya…what a night…what a night!